What are the best investment options for a salaried person?


 I am a salaried employee and here are where I invest my money

  1. health insurance - hospitals are costly . They drill a hole in your pocket . Buy health insurance right away for everyone in your family .
  2. life insurance- another important investment . My life insurance is done by my company , I took another insurance from TATA AIA Both these insurance can be claimed while filing an ITR .
  3. FD - I have this simple rule . I save some amount every month in an account I do not have a debit card for . As soon as my savings hit 50k , I make a recurring FD of that money . I haven’t decided how or when I will use it , but I’m just doing it
  4. RD- start an RD of as much money you can easily shell out of your pocket every month . Since I have no specific goal, I just chose an RD which gives me the best interest rate , without having a time frame in mind
  5. Emergency fund  : The goal is to have an amount that will take care of your monthly needs for a period of 3–6 months in case of sudden layoff .
  6. mutual funds - if you are earning , you have to invest in mutual funds via SIP . You just have to . Period . You will thank me later
  7. NPS - over and above your EPF , start investing in NPS . Apart from the 50k extra tax rebate , you will also be richer in retirement age .
  8. gold - if you like gold as much as I do , start a gold kitty with Tanishq , or Senco , or which ever jeweler you like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When did you realize small things matter?

Read Once Think Twice Apply Thrice